Machine Learning Backend Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA Commitment: Full-time Salary Range: $150,000 - $220,000 / year
Description: Uncountable is seeking machine learning engineers who are passionate about buliding ML sytems. Our goal is to revolutionize industrial research and development with artificial intelligence. We're looking for motivated engineers who can help us automate the experimental process of Fortune 500 companies.
Primary Responsibility: Your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain our live machine learning systems and prototype better techniques for designing experiments with sparse data.
- Degree in Computer Science
- Expertise in statistical machine learning theory and optimization
- Industry experience in software development
Software Engineering Application Area:
- Performant database systems
- Back-end web development
- ML data pipelining and devops
ML Application Area:
- Bayesian optimization
- High-dimensional global optimization
- Numeric computing and automatic differentiation extensions (we use PyTorch)
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution
Uncountable is not a deep learning company nor a big data company. Most of the problems we work with have fewer than 100 data points and almost all have fewer than 1000.
We take pride in our ability to be as accurate as possible with very little data. If you're excited by very challenging statistics or optimization problems, this is the place for you.