Uncountable helps the world’s largest manufacturers drive innovation. By leveraging advanced artificial intelligence techniques, Uncountable augments the traditional R&D approach to get better material and chemical products to the market in half the time. Founded by MIT and Stanford machine learning experts, Uncountable is building a great company attacking an untapped R&D market. We work with companies of all sizes, from innovative startups to Fortune 500 manufacturers, delivering a proven solution that creates tremendous value for research organizations.
We are looking to build out our world-class technical team.
Machine Learning / Data Science Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA Commitment: Minimum 10 Week Internship
Description: Uncountable is hiring interns who are passionate about a career in machine learning or data science. Our goal is to revolutionize industrial research and development with artificial intelligence. We're looking for motivated engineers who can help us automate the experimental process of Fortune 500 companies.
- Pursuing a degree in CS, Statistics, EE, Mathematics, or Physics
- One year of university-level computer science fundamentals (algorithms + systems)
- Software development skills
- Machine learning or artificial intelligence coursework
- Familiarity with statistics and optimization
- Experience with numerical computing such as with Numpy, Julia, etc.
- Experience with automatic differentiation libraries such as PyTorch, Theano, Caffe, TensorFlow, etc.
Uncountable is not a deep learning company nor a big data company. Most of the problems we work with have fewer than 100 data points and almost all have fewer than 1000.
We take pride in our ability to be as accurate as possible with very little data. If you're excited by very challenging statistics or optimization problems, this is the place for you.
Interested in learning more -Please complete the form below
Our internship class for summer 2018 is now full. We would still be happy to talk with you about 2019 or full-time positions. Thanks.